Sometimes grace for yourself looks like…
- eating a guilt-free chocolate chip cookie
- taking a nap right in the middle of a to-do list
- skipping church and talking to God on your walk in the woods
- sitting down with a cup of tea or coffee, staring into space
- letting your kids have an extra hour of screen time
- breathing in and breathing out very slowly for ten minutes
- not checking your email for a whole entire day
- making a “why I like myself and God does too” list
- getting take-out
- letting the tears flow in the shower until there are no more
- forgiving and embracing the earlier version of you
- skipping your workout
- making your very own choice, even if it’s different than everyone else’s
- asking for help with the dishes
- taking a break from your own very responsible brain
- reading a “not-trying-to-fix-you” book
- making much-needed space for alone time
- NOT making the bed
- laughing OUT LOUD at a silly video or a bad joke
- sleeping in late and staying up late (basically re-becoming a teenager)
- allowing yourself to have completely opposing feelings at the same time
- playing anything, just playing (did I mention playing?)
GRACE is free.
GRACE is beautiful.
GRACE is life.
GRACE is enough.
2 thoughts on “Sometimes grace for yourself looks like…”
This is so awesome! Thank you!
As always Esther, you’re spot on!